Ever since the fall of mankind in the Garden of Eden, there has been a promised Messiah.
Prophecies concerning His arrival are in abundance in the Bible, so that we would recognize Him when He came.
A few of the prophecies include…
1. His birthplace would be in Bethlehem
2. He would be born of a virgin
3. He would be of the tribe of Judah
4. He would be in the lineage of King David
5. He would live a sin-free life
6. He would have healing in His wings (the tassels or hem of His garment).
7. He would be 100% God, yet 100% man at the same time. Therefore, both of the titles “Son of God” and “Son of man” would apply correctly to Him.
8. Isaiah 53 would apply to Him. He would be the “Lamb of God” the one beaten and crucified for our sins.
9. He would die but not stay dead. He would be resurrected from the death.
10. He would take the keys of death, hell and the grave away from Satan.
My friends, these are just a few of the prophecies concerning His birth, life here on the earth as a man, His death, and then His resurrection from the dead.
What makes Jesus different from anyone else who has said they are God; the Son of God; the one who was sent from God; or any other term, which they used to gather followers, is the “Empty tomb”!
Not only did Jesus Christ fulfill every prophecy concerning the Messiah. But He also, arose from the dead, just like He said He would.
My friends, angels announced His birth from the heavens. He confounded the scholars and the Pharisees with His wisdom of the scriptures and the authority in which He spoke. He cast out demons, healed the lepers, performed miracles, and spoke the Word and people was raised from the dead.
He told Peter that he would deny him 3 times before the cock crowed and he did. He allowed Himself to be beaten, whipped, and crucified on our behalf, for He had no sin of His own.
His body was placed in a tomb with guards sealing and guarding the tomb, but they could not keep Him in it. Because on the 3rd day the angels rolled away the stone and Jesus walked right on out.
He then appeared to his disciples and at least 500 other people/believers to prove that He did would He said He would do. Thereby, proving for all to see that He was who He said He was, the Son of God.
Then after a period of about 40 days, He ascended back up into heaven, with people watching. Then the 2 angels said this to them. Act 1:11 (ISV) They asked, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking up toward heaven? This same Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you saw him go up into heaven.”
So on this Resurrection Day, we understand this scripture just about sums it up. 1Timothy 3:16 (KJV) And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
My friends, what makes Jesus Christ different, is that He is who He said He was and that He arose from the dead on the 3rd day. Oh glory to His name!